Friday, November 6, 2009

Often, I desire

I lie at depths,
Beyond the darkness of gloom
Beyond the cruelty of hope
Beyond the nostalgia of dreams
Yet it is often,
that I desire,
To feel the feeble humanity of her skin
To kiss the purest strands of her silk
To smell the sweet insanity of her cheap perfume
I desire, to claim what is mine

I lie at depths,
Beyond the perversions of injustice
Beyond the absurdities of objectives
Beyond the bankruptcies of words
Yet it is often,
that I desire,
to feel safe in numbers
to create another day, where she’ll exist
to be her slave
I desire, to feed the monster

I lie at depths,
Beyond the will to perish
Beyond the temptation to live
Beyond the meaning of time
Yet it is often,
that I desire,
to be tied to a machine, the kind that’ll make me breathe
to be cured of the lunatic in my head,
to be rearranged till I’m sane
I desire, to save myself

9 comments:

madhuri said...

:)

Anant said...

i lie at depths,
Beyond the greed for name
Beyond the sulkiness of fame
Beyond the desire to decide
Yes it is often,
that i desire,
To create a person i am not
To defeat the reasons i call
To triumph when i fall, but
i aspire, to be none but me !!

good job .. mr magician .. u run through my nerves like a reptile who poisons the worthless gluttons of my body to revive me from within !! wud hve proposed you today if i was a girl though i m "gay" abt the fact that my best frnd can write like this ... hehehhehe!! keep talking through alphabetic poetry..
love ya again
-Mr Rancorous

chips said...

nikunj jain, this one shook me from within and now i am stoned.
i am inspired.

pinak dattaray said...

I try to look deeper than the panorama of words..and there I find the wand of Nikunj Jain casting its spell on me!!!

Nikunj said...

Thank you very very much for your encouraging comments Madhuri, Anant, Chips and Pinak.

tejeshwi said...

nikunj ur unbelievable!!!!

Nikita Jain said...

nikunj...!!!! dis one is awesome.. i juz loved it.. u r an amazing poet.. u say a lot thru ur poetry.. wich touches peoples' heart deeply..

IELTS Made Easy said...

Excellent work man! Proud of you..

workhard said...

This is very intense work.. Your choice of words are good


Work from home India